Summer on the Point
St. Francis has offered its Summer on the Point (SOTP) programming for over 25 years. We are committed to providing a summer experience that is as safe as it is fun and that complements our school year curriculum. Many of the same safety protocols used during the 2020–21 school year have guided our planning for summer and will allow us to safely offer in-person summer programming on both campuses.
For SOTP 2021, we will observe the following safety protocols:
- Camp offerings have been streamlined to allow for proper cohorting and to eliminate mixing of student groups through the week.
- Students may register for a full day, half day, or combination (different morning and afternoon camps thoughtfully packaged together). Combinations are carefully selected to keep students from morning to afternoon in the same cohorts.
- All students, instructors, and school employees will wear face masks.
- Depending on the nature of a course, enrollment will be limited, or groups will be created within the camps, with each group remaining dedicated throughout the week.
- During carpool, students will move directly to their camp locations rather than waiting together in the dining hall.
- Lunch times will be staggered for different grade levels.
- To reduce the traffic in buildings, we ask that parents drop off and pick up in the designated locations and refrain from entering the buildings.
- Classrooms and high-traffic areas of the buildings will be disinfected during camps, at lunch, and while students are off campus.
- If a child has a fever of 100.0 degrees F or higher, or shows symptoms of COVID-19, he or she will be sent home. Our school-year guidelines for returning to camp will be followed, and refunds will be issued, where appropriate, if a student is required to quarantine.
- In the event of an instructor's illness or a confirmed case of COVID-19 within a particular camp, that camp will be cancelled and a prorated refund will be issued for days not attended.
Summer on the Point 2021
June 7–July 2 and July 12–August 2
Selections based on the grade your child will be in the fall of 2021.
*Course selections will be updated soon. Registration opening date will be in early March.